Saturday, October 17, 2009

S t u f f. . . . . . .

Every once in a while you have that feeling... for a change of scene, of inspiration, of routine.... And that day came for me yesterday....

For after I had woken up + had breakfast I knew immediately that I wanted to go to Marrickville, and more specifically, Reverse Garbage.

Reverse Garbage is an old haunt of mine. Mainly from my uni days when I would go out to this place of wonder and trawl through stuff in order to collect materials for art projects. I always used to have fun - mainly because I am a bonafide hoarder! But also because I love rummaging, sorting, searching... through different materials, textures, objects. It is a place to let the imagination run wild and let the inner child come out and play....

So yesterday was alittle like strolling down memory lane and seeing what the place was like after my years of absence. And all I can say is...nothing has changed! There is stuff and more stuff...odds and ends from factories, off cuts from industrial sites, odds and ends from promotions that never took off + old bits of furniture from schools and homes that have long since left this city...

And what did I find to tempt me?
In the end all that came home with me were old clothing patterns, a few yellow envelopes and a couple of beautiful bits of plywood for painting... But more interestingly, while I was out there, I found myself snapping rather than rummaging! I couldn't stop taking photos...From all the colours, to the signs + chairs lined up, it had to be captured!


SO.....
I hope you'll indulge me and enjoy this little photo essay of the magnificent Reverse Garbage.




















My favourite shot... love all the rolls of pink elastic!
















Beautiful soft pinks + greys....
















Wood baby!!


















Fun....

No comments: