Monday, December 21, 2009

j o y .....


So I'm cleaning!
Interesting way to spend the energy of the summer solstice that is occurring today....but there you are; I have just given myself a good kick up the backside to get sorted!!
As I mentioned yesterday Ive been organising all my studio stuff to go down to the Primrose Studio space.... and Im now just realising have much s#^* I have!!! I swear artists are notorious for hording and accumulating stuff that you always think will be handy one day...and of course never is!!
Some good does come out of springing into step and dusting off a few shelves, and that is you find things that you've been endlessly searching for; or you unearth things that you had plum forgot about!! These beautiful images are some of my favourite pics that I have taken on some of my travels and so I was most happy to recover them today!! They are pure joy for me...
Pure colour pigment bags, from Chefchaouen in the mountains of Morocco, that sit on the side of the road! I would have loved to have brought the whole lot back with me, or at least sink my hands into them!! Unfortunately I has to settle for a photo instead...
The other shots are of The Tannery in Fez and they are pure texture!! Every inch of the area is utilised for a purpose which creates movement, texture and interest... The smell of the leather is something else entirely, but seeing a craft that has not changed in hundreds of years being done right infront of me was truly amazing...
And now these images have become part of my inspiration board...

for life....

No comments: