Sunday, December 20, 2009

stu stu studio....



So its finally happened....
I've moved in! To where I here you ask???
Into my new studio as part of an artist studio residency in my neck of the woods!!

With these things an artist always knows to keep quiet, play it cool and just hope for the best, as the success rate for these things is extremely low! So I never mentioned it, thought about it or obsessed over it.... I just applied and plum forgot about it!!!...


But low and behold I got the news a few weeks ago that my application had been successful!
Six months in a beautiful park on the harbour !

I'm really excited as it is the first residency that Ive received and it starts..NOW!! I'm sharing with Tasmanian artist Angela Griffiths who works with multi media and installation sculptures and it should be a really interesting mix of different styles and subject matters.


So from now until June ill be posting up images and little stories about my experiences in....

{The Primrose Studio}


Today I moved alot of my stuff in with a very good friend... Miss Honor Freeman who is leaving Sydney in the next couple of days and lovingly said that she would come over to help and take a quick look at the space.....So the whole experience was bitter sweet as I will miss her dearly...

Alittle while ago I shot her abode in Manly for a project that has not officially started yet, so I wont say too much! But these shots of her place are so lovely, I wanted to share a few of them with you, as a tiny farewell to her and Mr Lucky!!

Love the old 50s fan that was restored by Honors dad...Still works I believe!!

Beautiful porcelain pieces hung on the wall....

On the left is a glass installation by Adelaide based artist Wendy Fairclough...I love the boat sitting in the background too!

Lovely grouping of objects...from little bird art pieces, to porcelain bird feeders... The flat came with that light fitting too! So nice...

Bon voyage my good good friends and enjoy all the amazing new adventures that await you both in this Great Southern Land....

You will be missed...

No comments: