Friday, May 28, 2010

one week....

to go!
Yikes.... where HAS the time gone?!
Flown baby flown....

June is nearly upon us and my impending deadline for works to be finished, finishing touches to be finished, and i's and t's dotted and crossed is nearing....

It is truly amazing what little things you have to think about. Its not just about completing artworks; its all the other stuff that goes along with them such as naming pieces {quite a hard task}, cleaning up edges and screwing in hooks, framing, taking photos, designing invites, cards, press releases.... and so it goes....

The last few weeks have truly been about bed, food, studio, coffee, tv and bed again! My mind has not been able to switch off from all the tasks at hand, and that's with having nearly everything completed! Angela, my studio buddy, is really working hard with trying to get her large installations constructed. Its been a hard task, made even harder by all this rain that we've been experiencing in ol' Sydney town!

Things will get completed and the show will open next Friday!
But from now until then, it will be a fun, yet stressy, ride....

These are a few images from my week...
Enjoy!
The large canvases are getting there...
After a few hiccups in the last few days, where Ive lost my head and my creative brain, these large oil paintings are nearly completed! The big one in the middle has been a source of much frustration, but I think its headed in the right direction now...


My little nook of quietness...
Its in the corner of my studio space and it just sits and acts like a beautiful tiny rest stop for my eyes when they need a break from looking at colour, and oil paint!


This is the centre of my universe at the moment!

The oil paint station that gets wheeled around the space, and to the next painting that needs working on...! I'm loving the oil paint smells, the lovely oozy texture of the medium, and all the beautiful colours that you can mix up... But as for painting itself? Its always a work in progress...
Give me a piece of paper and a pencil any day!
The RAIN! How is this for a deluge!
The sound of it coming down the waterfall was deafening....
And the power of it!
You could have generated a whole suburb on the force of the water coming down....
And just to finish...
This is a drawing that I haven't shown you till now...
Its just been framed and named and im really loving it!
Direction for a new series of works in the future?
Could be....
It's called journeytothesource 2010
Anyway have a brilliant weekend with whatever wet weather activities come to mind!
take care
x

No comments: