Friday, July 16, 2010

time travel ....

of the diary kind....!
I'm dreamin of travel today
And while I'm not jumping on a plane
right in this moment
I know that travel can sometimes be
only a sketch away!
These are from my travels around Europe
in 2001...
Just a young whipper snapper
with a pencil, a diary + an inquisitive eye...

Above is a sketch from the top of Arthur Seat in Edinburgh..
one of my favourite spots to dream when I was living there
for a wee while....
At the top I have posted a pen sketch of The Forth Bridge,
on the outskirts of Edinburgh....


This was a quickie while mulling over coffee
at the Tate Modern in London...


Fascination with hands...
These are some sketches from Caravaggio paintings
at the National Gallery in London...

Love the quiet peace in this face....

I hope you find some lovely travel memories of your own this weekend, or, create some new ones! Enjoy the crisp mornings with a cup of something hot and Ill see you on the other side... x

No comments: