Friday, September 17, 2010

The reboot program....

Ive come to the conclusion that it's the tiny things that make it all worth while!
While chatting with some of my kindred folk lately, Ive come to realise that ALOT of people have become overwhelmed by 'life' and all the big things that they are attempting to achieve - for themselves and for their families - while not realising that in their quest to have it all they are really depressed, stressed and sad.


In the last few years Ive seen all this happen right before my eyes while I have had to go in the opposite direction and pare everything back....right back..to the essence of things while moving through the ups and downs of a life with a chronic illness {which Ive mentioned a few times in the past}.
Ive had to re evaluate my goals and my expectations for my life, but that's not to say that Ive had to forgo any of these dreams; Ive just had to go with the flow and just take my time. And with taking the time to smell the roses - so to speak- Ive truly begun to appreciate the 'everyday' and the tiny things that make me happy....in my own time and in my own way.
I guess that is what this blog is essentially all about!
The tiny trappings that make me happy and give my life substance and meaning, rather than focusing on all the big kid stuff!!
Ive just been listening to the tales of a mate who is working with Aboriginal Arts communities in the middle of Australia. She is living a big dream but in the end, when she is exhausted from her day job, she wants nothing more from life than a swim in the local pool, a nice home cooked meal and a night listening to a band at the pub!
Got to love it.

These last few weeks for me have, for one reason or another, been brought down to the simplest of pleasures. Good or bad Ive has to bring the pace down, take a few deep breaths and enjoy the reboot program!
And today it was a five minute time out with a lovely issue of Country Style that just appeared in the mail box!
Got to love the happy pooches on the front cover!



There are some beautiful layouts and styling...
Case in point... The first article which focuses on the children's book illustrator and mum of two from Murwillumbah Tamsin Ainslie...
I love all her little sketches posted up on the wall...


Great old metal fan!
They are so hard to come by these days that you really have to have a canny eye to find them...


This is Tamsin above and one of her daughters...
Her home is so colourful and relaxed...with some great old finds dotted around the place...



This next two pages are from the home of a couple from Victoria's Mornington Peninsula....
And I love as this old caravan in the backyard which they use as a guest room!
How brilliant is that!

I love anyone who displays a good old world map on the wall too!
Colourful AND educational!

These last two pages are from another story about new botanical prints...
It is styled by Marie Nichols and photographed by Jessica McAdam who has captured the light in such a beautiful way...!
I love how Marie has hung all these prints onto an old shed surrounded by a scattering of found objects such as these old suit cases, a typewriter and lovely old metal chair in blue..

And these new wallpapers are so lovely...
Would look great in an old frame too, rather than on the wall...
Anyway...
Enjoy the sun as it stays warmer and longer in the sky...
And enjoy those tiny roses
Wherever they may be!!
x

No comments: