Tuesday, April 26, 2011

tonic for the grey days...

*Before I start I must make this disclaimer... Today I just HAD to publish these images. Yes - they were not taken by me, but by brilliant photographers and bloggers who I love to look at! It just had to be done on this wet, grey day! I just had to show them to you so I hope you can forgive me? All will be accredited... trust me!


Its another wet public holiday morning in Sydney, and I'm yearning for some of that sweet sweet stuff... i.e. sun!! But not just sun, I'm yearning for some colour. Or in fashion terms... colour, texture, pattern and shine! The holy grail of a great outfit and happy outlook! Well in my tiny estimation, if you're feeling good with a little colour on your face and body you feel like you have the sun on your back, no matter what the weather. Or mood!!!

So today I'm showing you some of my favourite things.

The image above is from the exhibition by Melbourne jewellers Natalia Milosz- Piekarska and Karla Way called Bad Beast do not harm me which was exhibited a few weeks ago at Surry Hills' Metalab gallery. I caught it before it closed and I'm so so glad I did. What a show! It had everything, and the icing on the cake was the way the pieces were displayed. Hanging on long, suspended strands with strong lighting to give a shadowy, textured effect to the walls.... it was a true a feast for the eyes.


This image is by Jak&Jil and it is of a beautiful detail of a Balenciaga skirt from the Fall 2011collections...


These rich textiles are from the latest Proenza Schouler runway in New York, again photographed by Jak+Jil....




And finally in has to be Garance Dore and her beautifully photographed image of a Vionnet dress. And again it's all about the colour of the accessories, the texture + pattern of the dress, and the golden glint of the jewelled cuff...


THE perfect tonic of inspiration for the day!

No comments: