Tuesday, December 20, 2011

M A D E ... {to be eaten!}

Gettin ready to make...






























Ah Christmas.... the time of indulgence! 
I very rarely talk about food on this blog. I always think it's best left to the experts... and there are ALOT of brilliant food blogs and websites out there. A glut of them. And this tiny site has always been about colour, texture, art and design. Oh and play! Come to think of it... Isn't that what  cooking is! 

A little while ago i went back into discussing my health and how my 18 years of living with Crohns Disease have changed my life and the way I look at things... If you have ever been seriously ill and suffered, or still suffering with a chronic illness, you may know what I'm talking about. Things we normally take for granted, basic things like being able to move around freely, enjoy a lovely meal and go out and see people become alittle more tricky. So much so that you may have to hang up your cooking utensils for a bit and settle for a more basic approach to food. 
This is what happened to me. 

But this Christmas I had an urge. An urge to get back into the kitchen... and play! And then give to others. And what can be better than giving a little bit of baking goodness in the form of Gingerbread Christmas cookies to someone you love?


Gingerbread Star Cookies 




































I do love to smell these little babies in the oven and decorate with simple things like cachous and a dusting of icing sugar. They are so SO simple that I dare you to have a go at making them! It only takes a quick shop for a few ingredients, and then 10 -15 minutes in a 180 degree oven to make them all golden and snappy in your fingers....
If you have a spare glass jar they make such a lovely gift with a tiny bit of ribbon and a tag...


All done and ready to go.... and be eaten!




























Could be a lovely thing to do on a wet and cold Christmas Eve with the family?
It will only take about an hour and its an hour VERY well spent...
Your stomach will agree with me!
If you would like the recipe you can find a lovely one here....

2 comments:

Corinne (aka Rinny of Arabia) said...

An hour to make and 10 seconds to eat! ;) xxx

Alenka said...

They were very tasty indeed lovely! Merry Christmas and lots of love to you tiny lady! xxxxxxx