Saturday, December 31, 2011

memories of 2011... pt 2

Cradle Mountain, Tasmania, April 2011

This year was all about the journey within..
And I'm not just talking about the quiet time meditating with me, myself and i...

After my trip to Japan was so sadly cancelled way back in April my thoughts on travel took a sharp turn in another direction. A trip to Tasmania was suddenly on the menu and within the blink of an eye I was off on a 6 day adventure with my friend Kylie. As it turned out, Tasmania became a revelation, as I was blown away with its beauty, its colour and its contemporary edge {and its MONA in Hobart that I'm talking about here!} Every time I look back at these images I am reminded of all of these things... and how I have to get back there.... soon! 

After this trip in April, 2011 became the year of keeping it local, as I took buses, trains and domestic planes to places like Belongil/Byron, Canberra, Dubbo and The Blue Mountains. And, as you can see from some of these photos, it is very, very easy to stay in Australia and have the most inspiring trip. 

Finally in this post I look back at some of my favourite shots from my 'Sydney Strolls' Series... 
From Balls Head Reserve in Waverton {which was my favourite discovery of the year} to Wendy's Garden in Lavender Bay there were many highlights to my journey within! 

Cradle Mountain... where its impossible to take a bad photo!

The Enchanted Walk... seriously that is what it is called!

Scaling the peaks... to Marion's Peak... one of the most amazing walks to do at Cradle Mountain

Lake St Clair, Cradle Mountain

From the big picture to the details... its all about natural colour!

From Tasmania to Belongil... October 2011

Belongil Beach..... where the creek meets the sea.


Talking the track to Byron...

From Belongil to The Megalong Valley, The Blue Mountains November 2011

Nothing better than capturing the dewy light filtering through the bushland...

Katoomba, November 2011

Wendy's Garden, Lavender Point, Sydney.... March 2011

A stunning public garden created by Wendy Whitelely... by hand!
One of the most amazing urban renewal spaces in Sydney....

I had to include this shot... so Australian!

And finally... to my favourite stroll of the year... and it goes to Balls Head Reserve, Waverton. Its a new discovery for me and a new public space for Sydney. 

Vestiges of a history in coal. Balls Head Reserve, Waverton... August 2011

From the bush view...

To the big picture!


No comments: