Thursday, April 19, 2012

5 0 0

way back in 2007 I was in the middle... 
The year was 2007 and I feel in love with a new type of world called blogging.

I'm finding it really hard to start this post.

As you may have guessed by now, this post is my 500th. 500th! I can't believe it. When I decided to start this tiny blog way back in 2007 I had no idea the impact it would have on me, on my artwork and, well, everything. 

In the studio last year... photo by Kate.

Who knew that I would be regularly posting some 5 years later...?!
I remember the moment when I first discovered the blogging universe and the excitement it gave me. To see and hear others peoples opinions of the creative worlds they inhabited, the way they lived, and the cities they loved was a revelation. It made me truly inspired by the possibilities that this new medium would give to all us artistic souls out there that work in quiet spaces, rarely interacting and sharing how we create on a daily basis.

I decided then and there that I would create a blog, rather than a website, so I could do just that. Upload my daily musings and... share... learn... and create.

The Venice Biennale... circa 2001.

After a couple of years of serious medical problems I rediscovered my creative vibe, and in 2009 tinytrappings really took flight. This tiny, virtual space gave me an escape, and a creative project to focus on while I began my long recovery at home. Exhibitions, studio visits, inspiring trips to distant places, tiny strolls around my hood, workshops with fun and crafty people, and magazine articles and books on colour, pattern and texture. Anything and everything that informed my daily art-life and got me inspired in the studio found its way onto this blog. 

Some styling with colour... 2011.

The Primrose studio circa 2010.

And for the most part I have loved compiling each and every post.

As I was saying to a friend the other day... 
Every moment in every day is completely new and completely different. It's what we bring to it that gives us our unique perspective on life.

And that is what this blog had been... new, exciting and different, with each and every post. 
Well... I hope it has!
Thank you for coming to visit, share, and be supportive.
It has meant a great deal and I hope you will enjoy the journey to the next 500 posts...

For you....

Take care x
ps... this is the biggest collection of self portraits that I have EVER posted.
It is rare and will probably not happen again until the 1000th post!
haha.
 I think I like to be seen as the enigma behind the owl...?!

1 comment:

Corinne (aka Rinny of Arabia) said...

Happy 500! A great achievement! Well done. Love this corner of the interwebs. Xx