Tuesday, January 29, 2013

home of light + texture // part 2

Odin's beautiful new birthday present taking pride of place in the living room...

As promised-
The tour of amy+jamie's new home in the Blue Mountains continues today -
with more photos that I hope you'll enjoy....
..........
It has been over a year since I had visited this part of the country. 
And as soon as I arrived I was reminded of how beautiful the energy is up there. 
In Summer the place swells with tourists from far and wide, all looking to breathe in the fresh mountain air and beautiful vibe of all the towns right up to Lithgow and beyond. 
I always like to take the train from Sydney as I love attaching my earphones to my head, pressing shuffle on the ipod and staring out the window, until the gang picks me up from the station and whisks me off for a coffee. 

This time the coffee was had in the new art gallery and library at Katoomba {which was great by the way!!} Then we grabbed a kid in each hand and headed into the gallery exhibition which was called 'Picturing the Great Divide'. It was their inaugral exhibition and I loved it. 

Anyway the next day I was heading back to Sydney.
But before I found my seat on the train I took all these photos...

Jamie's environmental architecture company - sixb design - has been going from strength to strength over the years. But it has always been for someone else to enjoy his creations. 
Until now.

Now its their turn to enjoy his light filled, simple, clean, and beautiful designs.
Congratulations again to Jamie and Amy on creating such a warm and comfortable home...
I love it - and cant wait for my next train ride up the mountain to say hello!
x

amy+jamie looking through a favourite cookbook - one of  many in their big collection.
They cook at home most nights so each book contains many dog eared corners and sauce stained pages ...

The kitchen table - filled with crafting materials, books and toys...

The beautiful kitchen with its textured feature wall built with second hand bricks
 that add some of the character and soul of the original house...

The new entrance with  a front door that has been painted in chalk board paint on the back ...and on the front!

Beautiful light...texture and colour.

I love this old chair. 

In Jamie home office...
Behind the desk you can see one of my large scale charcoal drawings from 1997!
Its an oldie -  but i love seeing it up on their wall...

The main living area with it beautiful double storey windows that flood the place with light -
 and give the indoors a real connection to the green space outdoors...

window sill.

quiet spot on the kitchen shelf for two little wooden sculptures....

No comments: